Friday, October 31, 2008

tentacles and dripping eyeballs

On this Halloween eve as I wait for my significant other to get home from her place of employment, I feel the need to share more sketchbook pages. I'm almost to the end of this Moleskine that I started in August of 2007, it usually doesn't take me this long to finish one but this annoying thing called "life" keeps getting in the way. The smaller tree on the left page above was Disney inspired, back when Disney actually inspired artists.
And this page was inspired by a can of Mountain Dew and some old horror & sci-fi movies. Happy Halloween everyone!

6 comments:

Bob Flynn said...

Great doodles, as always, sir. I need to get cracking on my moleskine again. Almost full.

Unknown said...

FUn and wicked as always! :)

this just in said...

Oh hey! I've been working so much it's kept me away from my favorite bloggers! Is it just me, or has Halloween made these doodles extra creepy? I love the comment you made about how Disney "used to inspire artists". That's so true and so sad. The behemoth corporate beast that is now Disney seems to have run out of fresh ideas. Thank god Pixar has carried the torch of inspiration on. Although, I miss all the 2D magic in films. Like, I can't even imagine what your stuff would be like animated, but you should try it! I just saw this film called "Fears of the Dark" by a bunch of comic artists, and you should check it out! It's soooo inspiring! And by the way, I always luv your tree-freaks. It's like the old Disney Silly Symphony cartoons on acid! :)

this just in said...

Oh man, I hope you get to see Fears of the Dark when it comes to town. You'll love the Charles Burns section! I think I might go see it again...thanks for the comment.

Arthur said...

muito legal!

this just in said...

You're the best blog friend ever. :)
Thanks for the comment on the trainers (I have yet to use them either).

Keep up the posting. Many people wanna see what you're doing because it's fresh!