Tuesday, October 09, 2007

new pages

Once again, I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been busy with a ton of projects lately, but I finally got around to scanning a few more pages. This first page has some more monster movie characters of which I am extremely fond of.
I was doodling at a Borders Books and Music the other day and the "Dragon Death" guy walked in like he was straight of the eighties. He was so ridiculous looking that I had to draw him.
I was in a particularly bizarre mood when I did this page, I think I had had a little too much caffeine.

6 comments:

Dan Bob said...

always so inspiring.

David DeGrand said...

Thanks a lot Dan, that means a ton coming from an amazing artist such as yourself. Your drawings provide a ton of inspiration for me as well, I LOVE your take on the Frankenstein monster!

JustMe said...

Keep drinking the caffeine. Whatever it takes to get these great, cracked-out characters out of your head and onto the paper. These are great. I especially like the caffeine-buzzed pages. The guy catching his eyeball is hysterical. I always wondered what would gush out of an eye socket once it was popped open.

That guy in the ice cream suit is funny too...

I'm glad you regularly post these. I always love coming back to see new ones. And thanks so much, as always, for the encouraging comments on Mythfits. As far as your collaboration comment you made a while ago...that sounds brilliant! We'd create something insane, I'm sure.

David DeGrand said...

Hey Justin! Thanks once again for your awesome comments, you're the MAN! I would still love to do some kind of collaboration with you, I'll do some brainstorming and see if I come up with any ideas you may be interested in. I think it would be a blast. Take care buddy!

Bob Camp said...

Hi David,

You drawings are super funny. Like Jay Ward on acid. Keep up the good work!

David DeGrand said...

Hey Bob, thanks a million man! I'm going to have to use that quote on future promo stuff, that's great!