Tuesday, May 08, 2007

more stupid sketchbook senselessness, and a sticker

A robot, a ghost, a chicken, and a maggot. Seems like I just drew four random things out of a hat and drew them, huh?
There's something about the look on the guy's face that's saying "diggin'" that I find kinda disturbing. But in a good way.
That elephant sure is happy to be dripping snot on that poor whatever-he-is.
A guy with man boobs and a retarded tree stump walked into a bar...
Just on the off chance anyone is interested, this is a sticker that I just got printed up to help promote my little portfolio website thingy. I'll be more than happy to mail one to anybody that requests one on the condition that you display it somewhere where people are sure to ask "Where'd you get that awesome sticker?!?!" E-mail me at mdaviddegrand@gmail.com with your address and I'll get one sent to you ASAP.

9 comments:

Dan Bob said...

this is the coolest blog. I will be back. really great stuff.

John T Quinn III said...

ditto.

David DeGrand said...

Thanks a lot guys! Anyone want a sticker?

JustMe said...

These are beautiful offerings, as usual. You have such a sophisticated, developed sense of goofiness that I admire. I can't get enough of snot-dripping elephants and such.

I'd take a sticker. The only thing is, I'm surprised; the sticker is your least interesting design. I hope you don't mind me saying so. I just know you could make a sticker that blows people's minds if you wanted.

As always, thanks for your honest comments on my blog.

David DeGrand said...

Hey Justin, thanks for your comments as always and I really do appreciate and value your opinion. I actually agree with you on the sticker design, but I have a reason (although a lame one) why there's not much going on. I originally had this thing packed with characters but realized that the actual size of the sticker is too small to see everything well, so I scaled back to something simpler. I'm pretty happy with it for the most part but I wish I could have used my original design, thanks a lot for your input! Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get one sent to you.

Unknown said...

More awesome pages!

The Binkley Family said...

Hey, Dave. Courtney sent out an email with your webpage and your interview. I still have some of your originals that you drew when we worked at the theatre. They were just so funny! I am glad you are doing well.

JustMe said...

Dude, your interview on Fanboy is awesome! That's an interesting site. Congrats. You seem like a really cool guy, down to Earth yet wildly creative.

David DeGrand said...

Hey Justin, thanks a lot man! I couldn't stand to watch myself though, I'm super self-conscious. Thanks for checking it out and I still plan on getting your stickers to you, sorry it's taking so long.