Saturday, February 24, 2007

after a painfully long wait....more sketches

After messing around with the colored pencils some more, I've discovered that I really like the terra cotta color. It makes the drawings have that old photo look, check out the guy with the bow tie on the right page to see what I mean.
I'm thinking about making the little guy on the bottom left a painting, not really sure what he is but it could be interesting. The devil guys and the monsters on the right page were from a Taschen book about devils, those Renaissance fellers came up with some disturbing imagery!
Copying some old advertising characters and trying out some designs for some figurines I want to make. I bought a bunch of old Fisher Price little kid toys with the big round heads and cylindrical bodies and decided to repaint them with my own characters. If I ever get some done I'll post pictures.

4 comments:

sean said...

great stuff. Just got me a little notebook that I hpe to fill up like these pages. I esp love the 2 page left side gloopy thing swallowing the round thing...

David DeGrand said...

Thanks Sean, I look forward to checking out your sketchbook as well! The small notebook format is really fun and convenient, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Jazzy Justin said...

You're a sicko! You're a genius! I like both qualities!

I totally dig all the extra melting, the devils, and the Tubby Town people. I'd love to see the figurines if you make 'em.

Nan said...

You write very well.