Saturday, September 20, 2008

Art Show!!

I'm more than late in posting this, but anyone reading this blog that lives in the Dallas area should come by the Kettle Art Gallery in Deep Ellum and check out this show I'm in: http://www.kettleart.com/page2.htm. Here are a few pieces that I'm showing, some still available for purchase (hint hint).



The other artists in the show are top notch, I feel really priviledged to be in the same gallery with them, check them out:

Ryan Thies http://www.rthies.com/

Miguel Aguilar http://www.aguilarart.com/

Tyson Summers http://www.tysonsummers.com/


The show will be up until the 27th of this month, so make haste!


Gallery hours are Thursday through Saturday, 7:00-10:00 pm and by appointment-214 573-7622. Frank Campagna, the Artistic Director, is a really awesome guy and I would love for as many people that can to go by the gallery. They have a ton of great shows that people should really go check out.
More sketchbook pages coming soon, thanks!

3 comments:

Bob Flynn said...

Awesome that you're in a show! Of the bunch, the bubble one is my favorite. I'm checking out the other artists in the exhibit now.

this just in said...

CONGRATS on the art show! I wish I could go, Dave. Your pieces here look great, especially that shuddering volcano painting and the mass group of weirdos!!! I love the crowd of faces the most. You really poured so much of yourself into that one! I think you're the best artist of the bunch, too. I'd fly to Dallas, but I'm broke this month!

David DeGrand said...

Thanks guys! Bob, it's funny you mention that one as being your favorite. It was a piece that I kinda threw together at the last minute to replace a drawing that I spilled ink all over, turns out it was one of the pieces that got the most compliments and sold right away. Thanks for checking out the other artists also, they're all great guys that I think deserve some attention.

Hey Justin! Man if I had the dough I would fly you down here myself so we could hang out and I can show you a bunch of cool galleries (although I really doubt they could compete with the ones in the Big Apple!) Thanks for the nice comments as always, the big group picture was almost painful to complete but was the most popular piece and sold in minutes, so it was worth it.