Tuesday, June 26, 2007

just spank me already

I almost went through the whole month of June without posting, I'm a horrible person. Here are some more sketchbook pages. Random acts of violence on cartoon characters makes me laugh.
Designs for a painting I'm currently working on.
I've discovered that I really like inking with a brush, the tree and snowman on the right was an experiment to see if I could pull it off. The ballpoint has replaced the pencil as my sketching tool of choice (for the time being anyway).
More painting designs and a really strange dream.
Designs anf character ideas for a comic book story I'm working on, hope it turns out well.
The tree drawing is basically what the finished painting will look like, I changed the designs quite a bit until I was happy with it. Not really sure what's going on on the left page.
More brushwork and Spongebob.

3 comments:

JustMe said...

Good lord, man!!! I love it! I'm so glad you unleashed a whole slew of sketches for June. The knives! The nails! The dripping!!! I can't decide which is more nasty and fun. I'm still planning that post on you by the way...just been busy. You will have a shout-out. Hopefully, there will be people listening.

David DeGrand said...

That's beyond awesome Justin, I'll have to do the same for you buddy! Thanks again for your comments, glad to know there's SOMEONE out there that's digging my stuff. Looking forward to checking out more stuff on your blog, it never dissapoints!

Unknown said...

AWESOME pages of drawing!!